Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mostly Mangs,But Hogfish & Grouper Too:SW FL FishbusterD

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Mostly Mangs,But Hogfish & Grouper Too:SW FL FishbusterD

Postby fishbuster » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:42 pm

After a week in port, due to winds and seas, I finally fished again Monday, around the 240 ledge area, off Naples, with the Ted Robinson party. Using live shrimp, we caught fifteen keeper mangrove snapper to 14 inches, and released a lot of smaller ones. We also caught and released gag grouper ranging 14 to 21 inches.

Tuesday, I fished with Paul Berry and sons, Taylor, Ryan & Drake, and family-friend, Bruce Lundgren. We fished a small ledge and rocks eleven miles west of New Pass, and caught twenty-one keeper mangrove snapper. We released gag shorts to 20 ½ inches.

Joe Walsh and daughter, Lauren, fished with me Wednesday at the 240 ledge, where we caught fifteen keeper mangrove snapper to 15 inches, keeper triggerfish, a 14 inch hogfish, and a 25 inch gag grouper. We released most of the snapper and triggerfish. We used shrimp for bait, except for the grouper, which we caught on a sand perch.

Friday, the Lee Wampler party fished with me at the new 3-mile reef off Wiggins. We used live shrinp to catch twenty-three keeper mangrove snapper to 14 inches, and released small sheepshead, porkfish, and gag grouper to 21 inches.

Brian Wood and sons Austin & Shawn fished with me Saturday at the 240 ledge, where we bagged ten of twenty keeper mangrove snapper, one of three keeper sheepshead, all about 3 pounds, and released numerous porgies and gag grouper in the 20-21 inch size range.

Sunday, David & Shirley Dobbs and son, Keaton, fished at a ledge off the Registry Resort with me, where we used live shrimp to catch three limits of keeper mangrove snapper, keeper triggerfish and porkfish. We released gag grouper to 19 inches, and also a red grouper that was just ¼ inch short of keeper size. The attached photo is of a 24 inch gag grouper, and mangrove snapper to 19 1/2 inches, caught by Dave & Paul Bloomfield on a recent Fishbuster Charter. Find complete info and fish photo album at www.fishbustercharters.com
8)
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest