Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Wahoo Sighting

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Postby fishbuster » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:56 am

Good deal on the permit, Rick. Hope the LTs are around for you today. I am heading out now. Caught a limit of nice red grouper yesterday, 28 miles out New Pass on Spanish sardines and cut-bait. Catch you with you later. Cap't. Dave 8)
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Postby Magic Hook » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:34 pm

Man Dave its raining on my plans! I was back in by 11 this moring. Thankfully we got hooked up to three poons early to make it a good half day at least.
Capt. Rick
Magic Hook
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Postby fishbuster » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:03 pm

Rick, You must have been a bit further north than I was on Wednesday. I had to head in at 11:30 that day--skirted a great big storm that covered up the "Big M"--We got just a few sprinkles, but we saw a total of seven water spouts, about 15 miles out. Four of those were in the marine warning for off Marco, but they were only about 8 miles south of us, where we sat 23 miles out. Had a really nice lane snapper bite for about 45 minutes-got 19 of those. Went back out there today and got 32 more. Nice job with the tarpon--Were you on the Sanibel side or the Ft. Myers Beach side? I see a lot of bait out there in the vicinity of the artificial reefs, and a few small rollers inside New Pass. Heading out tomorrow, but close-in for half-day only--amusing some youngsters...Hoping they get to go. I think the rain is supposed to hold off until afternoon (famous last words, right?) Good luck out there.
Cap't. Dave
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Previous

Return to Florida - Southwest