Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Shark, Goliaths, Grouper, Snapper,Redfish:Bonita Beach,SW FL

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Shark, Goliaths, Grouper, Snapper,Redfish:Bonita Beach,SW FL

Postby fishbuster » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:48 pm

I fished Monday with Chester Yanik, son Mark, and friends Jim, Tom & Bob. We were16 to 28 miles west of New Pass, with live shrimp, and caught 25 lane snapper to 14 inches. We released red grouper shorts, and one angler lost a big grouper that pulled the hook.

Tuesday, fishing with live shrimp in Estero bay, around the Wiggins Pass area with brothers, Wayne and Bob Niskala, we celebrated Bob’s birthday with catches of redfish, snook, sand bream, mangrove snapper, jack cravalle, and sheepshead. One of the 6 reds we caught was a keeper at 21 inches, and we released the 5 others, all around 18 inches. One of several sheepshead was also keeper size, at 15 inches. We released snook to 20 inches. We had a nice red hooked at one point, but the line frayed over the oyster bar, and that one got away.

Thursday, I fished with the ken Barringer party, again 16 to 28 miles off new Pass. We used live shrimp, big pinfish, and tomtates for bait. We caught lane snapper to 12 inches, grunts, porkfish, porgies, and released yellowtail snapper to 11 inches, red grouper to 19 inches and gag grouper to 20 inches—No keeper grouper, but we caught fish steadily all day, until our arms were worn out. We also played with five goliath grouper—too big to get boatside for a photo, but lots of fun.

Friday, I fished in 38 feet off new Pass with Steve Parker and Bob Giarla. We photographed and released a 40 pound goliath grouper, as well as one smaller one. They bit live pinfish. We used live shrimp to catch keeper lane snapper, mangrove snapper, porkfish and grunts. We released red grouper shorts and gags to 20 inches, and also released a 90 pound nurse shark.

Craig Snow and friend, Scott, fished Saturday with me, 29 miles west of New Pass. We caught a bunch of red grouper, two of which were keepers at 20 inches and 21 inches. We released two goliath grouper, mangrove and lane snapper, and porgies. The grouper bit live pinfish, and the goliaths bit grunts. We used live shrimp for the rest.
8)
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest