Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mostly lanes and sheepshead: Bonita Beach, SW FL

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Mostly lanes and sheepshead: Bonita Beach, SW FL

Postby fishbuster » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:22 pm

I fished Monday in 40 feet out of New Pass, with live shrimp. We caught a nice mess of lane snapper to a pound and a half and 12 inches, three mangrove snapper, 16, 17 and 18 inches, and three sheepshead 14, 17 and 18 inches. We released gag and red grouper shorts.

Weather kept me off the water Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, I fished in 38 feet off New Pass.
Although seas were predicted to calm down, we faced 4 foot seas in. Closer in at the reefs, it was calmer, but too muddy for decent fishing there. We caught ten keeper lane snapper on live shrimp, and released grouper shorts.

The Gulf was still pretty sloppy on Friday, when I fished in 40 feet off New Pass. We caught keeper lane snapper, 17 inch mangrove snapper, and four sheepshead 18-19 inches, on live shrimp.

I ran into some 5 foot swells early Saturday, fishing in 40 feet off New Pass, but it calmed down some over the course of the morning. We keeper mangrove snapper to 17 inches, keeper lane snapper, and released grouper shorts and small sheepshead.
The photo shown is of the larger mangrove snapper, 17-18 inches, that are around this time of year.

8) Image
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest