Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Summer Time River Snook

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Summer Time River Snook

Postby CptReddick » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 am

While the fishing on the flats has been slow, quality fish can be found in the deeper rivers and canals. On a recent charter I decided to go fish some of my fall and spring snook spots. And to my surprise. the fishing was pretty good.

It seems that this year the fish patterns are running a little behind for certain species. For instances, white bait has been hard to find. Usually, the bridges are loaded with nice size green backs, but this year it has taken time to chum the on the flats to get enough bait for a trip. The red fish are starting to show up in places that the usually frequent in May.

Tarpon fishing is still steady, but river snook fishing always gets me excited. The snook in the rivers like good moving water. On a two tide day, I would fish the strongest part of the tide. On normal tide days, just make sure that you do not have a stagnate period during the cycle.

When fishing the rivers do not be scared of fresh water. The fish will be there. Big baits is also a key. If you have never experienced this type of fishing give me a call. Battle large snook and red fish in our Tampa bay area rivers is defiantly a special experience.

Captain Rick Reddick

Tampa Fishing Charters

www.captainrickreddick.com

[email protected]

813-787-0249
CptReddick
Swabbie
Swabbie

Re: Summer Time River Snook

Postby largofishingnut » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 am

well thats where all those snook are hiding. I've been so frustrated trying to catch them at the dock lights at night (where i usually have success) but the cold snap this year really put a hurting on them. This was a great piece of information. I'll be sure to start looking for some new river fishing spots!
largofishingnut
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - West Coast