Sarasota Fishing Report

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Sarasota Fishing Report

Postby Capt. Bob Smith » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:01 pm

June 2, 2005
Sarasota Florida Fishing Report
By Capt. Bob Smith

We had some fair action along the beach with Spanish mackerel through the weekend. The action was not fast but it was steady throughout the day. We probably could have picked up the pace by using live pilchards or artificial baits but we were hoping to pickup a cobia or a nice reef fish on the large live shrimp. In with the macks, we had very small bluefish and an occasional school of little tunny running through the baitfish making a lot of noise.

On the bay, we found some keeper trout along Country Club Shores but more shorts than keepers. The action had been better north of Longbar earlier in the week. Some nice redfish had also been caught over the long weekend.

I am sure the Redtide is affecting the fishing to some extent, but no big fish kills that I know of yet. Maybe all this rain will wash it away. We never know what the Redtide will do! May was a slow month for fishing, as Mays go. The month of May can be a very good month for all kinds of fishing. We did have some good days for king mackerel during the first half of May. Let’s hope June will kick-in and make up for May!

Enjoy & Protect
My Website: http//www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com
Capt. Bob Smith
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - West Coast