Home

Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Capt. Scott Simpson / Mississippi Gulf Coast / Not too Long.

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Capt. Scott Simpson / Mississippi Gulf Coast / Not too Long.

Postby Captain Scott Simpson » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 am

Just around the corner our local waters will start their normal warm up and things will start making a change with our bite here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Next month I will start making more trips a little farther offshore around our Barrier Islands in pursuit of more Speckled Trout, Redfish, Shark and our very popular Bull Red Drum.

I love putting my customers on the Bull Red's mainly because of their brute strength. Most of the Bull Reds I am speaking of are in the 20 - 40 pound range. These are one strong fish. I use 30 pound tackle while pursuing the Bull Reds. And of course while targeting the Reds we do catch Jack Crevalle, Cobia, Shark and much more..

Our rich fish havens will also start producing some good number of fish starting next month. So I will be visiting them also on most trips. The man made fish havens provide a "Buffet" for larger species I always drop a big line for the larger hungry feeders making their stop by for quick snack.

My trips lately have still produced good catches of Speckled Trout, Reds, Black Drum and Sheepshead. These species are good catches for my cusomters as they will stay around our waters during the Mississippi Gulf Coast's short winter months. For the Mississippi readers look for a two-series show on fishing the Mississippi Gulf Coast with my self and the Capt. Tom starting next week Thursday, January 18 @7:30 pm. and again on Saturday, January 20 @ 6:30 p.m. Capt. Tom's show will air the following week on both Thursday and Saturday.

Good Fishing to all...
Sincerely,
Capt. Scott Simpson / IMPULSIVE Charters
http://myweb.cableone.net/captscott
Captain Scott Simpson is a full time guide with well over 28 years experience fishing the Mississippi Gulf Coastal Waters. A life-long resident of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Captain Scott is the Mississippi Gulf Coast Premier Inshore Light Tackle Fishing Guide, he is retired USCG, offers his service Year Round onboard his 25ft. Stamas Center Console. Member: MS Charterboat Captain's Association, Coast Chamber of Commerce. A Key Speaker at the 2000, 2002 & 2003 Salt Water Sportsman's Seminar Series held by George Poveromo. Trips ranging from 4, 5 & 6 Hours, available for 1-4 passengers. Captain Scott guided his customer to catch State Record Tarpon in 2001 weighing in at 167 pounds.
Captain Scott Simpson

Return to Gulf Coast - Central