Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Overnight TUNA ON the Strike Zone Too.

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Overnight TUNA ON the Strike Zone Too.

Postby CaptGaryBonanno » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Overnight trip on the Strike Zone Too turned out to be a good trip. We left Cypress Cove around noon and ran to our spot where I had fished on my last overnight trip. We began trolling when we arrived. Only a few Blackfin Tuna feeding on the surface. Once it got dark we pulled out the grill and cooked our great meal. I would like to tell you that we had fresh fish but at this point we only had steaks. After we ate and settled in for the night we began catching our bait. The Blackfin Tuna were thick! It took no time to put thirty or so in the boat and we then were in search of the big boys. After hours of fishing we still were covered up with the Blackfin Tuna and no big Yellowfin Tuna. We caught three Yellowfin Tuna on jigs around forty pounds and then I decided to make a move to another spot to see if the action was any better somewhere else. Needless to say I ended up back where I had started that afternoon. At six in the morning we finally got the bite we were looking for all night. It lasted for what seemed like minutes. Glad we were there when it did take place. We finished our trip up out there and we headed in closer to see if we could catch a Amberjack or two. After breakfast and a little rest we pulled out the jigging tackle one more time. And not sure if was from the lack of life or that our arms were tired the group decided to pointed the boat to the north. Once back at the dock we pulled the fish out for a final count. The official total was seven Yellowfin Tuna and thirty six Blackfin Tuna.

We have dates open if your group would like to try your luck at this process they call fishing. Give me a call at (504) 382-2108 Kevin Aderhold or (225) 279-3800 Capt. Gary Bonanno.

http://www.strikezonecharters.net

Celebrating over 21 years in the charter business.
The finest fleet of offshore sportfishing boats in Venice, Louisiana
CaptGaryBonanno
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Gulf Coast - Central