Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Galveston Bay Fishing Report 12-29-22

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Galveston Bay Fishing Report 12-29-22

Postby Capt. Alan » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:11 pm

Well another year has passed and it seems like as I get older, time passes by faster. I have had an excellent year fishing all of the Galveston Bay Complex. We really dodged the bad weather events down here on the gulf coast during 2022, that with the limit changes have made it an outstanding year of fishing. Our fishery is striving and looking good for the future.

As for the fishing right now it has been really good. I know people are busy with the holidays and most don't like getting out in the cold weather, but fishing has traditionally been great this time of the year. I encourage my customer to not forget about fishing during the fall months because it can be very rewarding. 

The speckled trout were jumping in the boat last week right before the front. It's funny how they know when the weather is going to change. All the fish were feeding extremely good for four days before we got that major cold front. We had some easy limits and it was the best bite I have been on in a long time. My customers were very happy and I was glad for them especially the kids.

I am still using live shrimp fishing under a cork close to the bottom. The water temp is now in the low 60's and the wind is ever changing directions. As long as it isn't too windy it doesn't matter much. The incoming tide has been best for us. I hope everyone of you have a blessed and wonderful 2023. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
https://galveston-fishing.com
https://galvestonsfishingcharters.com
Attachments
Mark.jpg
Galveston Bay Fishing Trips
Capt. Alan
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Western