Home

Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Galveston Tx Tuna Fishing at the Shrimpers!

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Galveston Tx Tuna Fishing at the Shrimpers!

Postby Capt.Bil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Fishing week of August 25th in Galveston and Freeport,

Redfish is picking back up on the morning bite at the jtties and beachfront of freeport,sharks in bloom on the Beachfront in nearshore waters, About 75 miles out we are meeting the shrimpers culling and pulling in a few blackfin tuna along with nice big sharks. Ling is out in full force still in freeport and galveston offshore waters, still bringing in a few mahi but, still pretty scattered we need about 10 days no wind to keep the weedlines together for some good ones. Haven't been getting alot of kingfish in but, then again we really haven't been trying for them since everyone is wanting frying fish. Captain Bill has been doing alot of for hire trips right now so he is getting range. Captain marc has been geting in on the shrimp boat action. Update on Captain Dan's Boat we have it back now from wellcraft and he is definitly ready to go get the BIG fish ! He managed a scouting trip for us on a friends contender and sure did find them. Report Follows Long

Remember this is a deep water trip- Photos on tuna page - Fishing Fri,Sat,Sundays now

well my boat was in the shop this week and I had to cancel all my charters so i decided to round up all my fishing buddies and deck hands and go make a bluewater run to see what we could come up with. gave a buddy a call who gladly let me borrow his nice 32 contender.Made a last minute phone call to the buddies and everyone was pumped and ready for some blue water action. we wanted to leave out super early to try to get to the gardens by sunrise until we realized that we would have to get gas in the morning and the fuel dock didnt open til 6am. BUMMER! so we decided to head south instead to hit some rocks and look for shrimpers.On the way out we stopped to make some bait at a couple of rigs and on the second rig picked up 2 keeper ling one being 58 lbs! nice way to start the day. there were a few more small keepers skattered along with the big one but we didnt want to waste anymore time messing with them after already spending 30 mins pulling up the big boy so we decided to keep on truckin.made our way out to the intersection rigs about 10 am and started picking up good bites on the jigs only to brake them off in the rig. so we decided to bring out the big guns and live baits. boated 2 nice aj's over 30 lbs and then 4 more good keepers to finish off our limit. had to bump a few rigs to get em but we found em.we saw some shrimpers a little further so we decided to take a shot at them, afterall thats the real reason we wanted to get out there, the ajs were just in case we got skunked on the shrimpers... first boat we pulled up to reminded me of a trip to sea world when i was a kid. so many different kinds of fish, we saw bonita, dolphins, ling, shark,and TUNA! they were there and hungry!! after picking our way through about 100 bonita we finally boated our 7th bFT and the ice chest was full and we were out of bait... also saw about a 50 lb hooter come to see what the action was about but wouldnt even look at a live bait, weird...all in all we had a great day...
final tally:
2 ling biggest 58 lbs
6 aj's biggest 38 lbs
7 bft 25 - 31 lbs and 2 chicken dolphins

http://www.workingmancharters.com
MasterCaptain Bill Curry
USCG Master 1108123
http://www.workingmancharters.com
Capt.Bil
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Western