Terms of Use
 Web Development

Sabine Lake Spet 2009 Fishing Report

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Sabine Lake Spet 2009 Fishing Report

Postby captrandy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 pm

September 2009
Sabine Fishing is great overall. We are fishing up north in east pass Black Bayou early morning bite. Best on out coming tides, the light north winds bait moving out of the marshes into Sabine Lake. Birds working over shrimp, my best bait Bayou Chub Minnow Glow/Chart with 1/4 oz browns tru- lock jigs. Bessie Height marshes also holding good numbers of redfish with lots of slot fish to 10 lbs. Flounder fishing also picking up with good numbers showing in the marsh, also fishing the cuts and points and moving water on my best bait Fishbites new Xtreme Scent Release 3.5" New Penny/Glitter w/ 1/8 jig head. Louisiana shoreline fishing is improving with the light fronts coming in. Fishing the shell and mud flats flounder are moving around the points and bayous staging up to start feeding best on outgoing tide. South end of Sabine Lake has been great for Redfish, early morning bite, birds working on schools of redfish. We have been boxing limits to 10 lbs also with some trout mixed in this pattern, which will last all of October, with the fronts coming in 2 to 3 a week. Best baits Browns Glow/Chart Sea Devil With 1/4 tru-lock jigs tipped with Fish Bites Shrimp. When the birds stop feeding on shrimp I will go to Mid-Coast Corks, The Mojo/Inticer rigged with 1/16oz jig head drifting. This pattern is working for me very well when the bait fish and the shrimp are down. At the Sabine Pass Channel flounder fishing picking up. Flounder to 4 lbs on points and drops 2ft to 6 ft water keying on birds on shoreline and mullet on the bank Fish bites Xtreme Shrimp 3.5"best bait for me. Sabine Pass Jetties fishing hit and miss, but bull red fishing good, few trout also mixed in. The short rigs for me have been great fishing for speckled trout to 3 lb also big bull red fish at some rigs, also the beach front is still good at times catching trout keying on mullet and shrimp also.
(Book You Flounder Fishing Trips (NOW) OCT/NOV! We have 2 months of great flounder fishing ahead of us. 10 fish per day per person! Flounder trips are run in Louisiana waters only.
Call (409) 719-6067

Good Fishing,

- Capt. Randy
captrandy
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Western