Terms of Use
 Web Development

Galveston Fishing Report 5-26-10

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Galveston Fishing Report 5-26-10

Postby Capt. Alan » Wed May 26, 2010 5:26 pm

:D
When it comes to fishing the Galveston Bay Complex this time of the year it is usually pretty simple. The conditions are usually great and the fish are easy to catch. Well for whatever reason the winds just won't go away! Every day I think that the wind will lay and we will get on our regular fishing pattern, catching near limits or limits of trout on every trip. When the winds are 12 mph or less we are having great success. We just can't seem to get enough of those days lately. My brother and I always warn our customers about the wind and we try to reschedule any days that are too windy, but sometimes they still want to go. If the winds won't put anyone in danger we will try our hardest to go to protected areas and make the best of the day. Unfortunately the fish aren't always in those areas. Now we do have good success on some windy days, but it is really hard to consistently catch good numbers of fish when the wind is 20-30 mph! Good news is it is almost June and the winds should start to subside soon. All the bays should start to produce good numbers of speckled trout and redfish. I think this summer is going to be great fishing and some big trout will be caught. On some recent good weather days we have been catching good numbers, but we have also been catching more 4-6lb trout on these trips than in the past. Our bay system is in great condition and the fish seem really healthy, this is great news for all of us. As for locations we will start fishing the mid bay reefs and deeper water around the channel. I will let you know where we are having better results on my next report. We have tried croaker with mixed results, but shrimp has worked best for us lately probably because of the windy days. We will be using live croaker from now to September. Well until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
http://www.galveston-fishing.com
http://www.galvestonbayfishingteam.com
Attachments
Picture 007[1].jpg
Picture 007[1].jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 10139 times
Capt. Alan
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Western