Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Galveston Bay TX Fishing Report 1-5-12

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Galveston Bay TX Fishing Report 1-5-12

Postby Capt. Alan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Hello to all and Happy New Year! I can't believe it is already 2012. Well we had a real good 2011and I always look forward to an even better upcoming year. Fishing down here in Galveston seems to either get better or stay excellent year after year. As for our fishing right now, it has been hit or miss for us. The morning bite has been kind of slow, but the afternoon bite from noon to about 3pm has been much better. The trout and reds have been feeding when our water seems to warm up. We have been using live shrimp under a cork or throwing some soft plastics real slow on the bottom to catch most of our fish. I have been fishing up north near Trinity bay in 4-7 ft. of water. The key to catching fish right now is to find some bait or be at the right spot when the fish start feeding. I have got some mixed reports from other parts of the bay system, but the overall consensus is to fish in the afternoon. Well I will try to post 1-2 reports on this forum a month, so hope you enjoy them. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
http://www.galveston-fishing.com http://www.galvestonfishingteam.com
Capt. Alan
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Western