Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Sunday Report!

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Sunday Report!

Postby Maverick » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:52 pm

Started off at Matheson where I netted some pilchards and heard a report of some king action south of Pacific. Off we went got rained on at Triumph Reef finally got down south and hit a 12 lb. king right off. Got a couple more Boneheads and heard on the radio about a good sail bite going on down at the whistle bouy.Let's go got down there and sure enough they were going off all around us. Tried some drifts but no luck. Got back to Matheson at 5:00..Long Day!!!
Maverick
Helping to build our fishing community

Postby toptenagain » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:27 pm

Mav, I may have asked you before but are you the guy that fished offshore on a flats boat? We were right next to you yesterday. In fact we had to raise the loong baits so that they didn't drag over you. I was in the 36 contender with triple yam's.
toptenagain
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby toptenagain » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:31 pm

Oops..i forgot to post a report. Like Mav said there was a hot sailfish bite going on at the whistle bouy. A few of us in the Billfish masters made the lonog run south and it paid off. Over 90 fish were caught amoung 25 boats of which maybe 10 were fishing in tight quarters. Off the 90 cuaght more than half were caught just north of the bouy. Whether was off and on but when the storm came thru and the pressure dropped the bite lit up.
toptenagain
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby Maverick » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:47 pm

TopTen...Yeah that was us!...Sorry about that...I had looked up for your kites and I only saw your starboard one, the port side kite was REALLY high up there. You must have been on Boat Center? Congratulations on the win. I was out of bait and was thinking about just taking on of those gogs right off the kite! :lol: I was down to my last threadfin when I finally got down there. I put in out of Matheson and saw Mark Houghtiling when I was catching bait out front and as we were BS'ing he mentioned that you guys were down there on Sat. and getting harrasssed buy a bunch of Bonitos and kings so I made my way down there so my buddy's kid could bend a rod. He ended up with a nice 15lb. king and a 12lb Bonito to enter in the MET, but we struck out on the sails....I need a bigger boat! It's hard to compete with you guys draging 8 - 10 baits and I only got 2 out! Anyway, sorry again I hope Marty and Gary weren't cursing me out!
BTW my name's Kelly East next time you see my "Mini-Contender" out there give a shout!
Maverick

Were exactly?

Postby TheLearner » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:49 pm

What inlet are you going out of? :?:
TheLearner
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby Maverick » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:40 pm

Sorry about the late reply...I go out of Gov't Cut. Today we went to the Cut to get bait and headed to the finger channels. We spent the day catching ladyfish, jacks, blue fsih and a pompano. While drifting the channel we hung a bonito over the side and chummed the sharks up. We caught 5 out of 6 blacktips including a 50 lb.er on fly!
Maverick

Return to Florida - Southeast