Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

big tarponnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

big tarponnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Postby FISHING-GUY.COM » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:23 pm

jeff eperson 6,6 feet, 330lbs,, fish tarpon 207 lbs, we caught 3 this one is the best one
capt fred
guide at new smyrna beach, next to daytona, short drive from orlando, fish for tarpon, sharks ,snook redfish,etc , at ponce inlet, in the indian river, mosquitos lagoon
FISHING-GUY.COM
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby leahn » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:45 pm

Wow! that's really big..I am just curious( silly to ask this question..lolz) But can this fish fine to be eaten??? Is it poisonous or something??
leahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby rangerxec » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:22 pm

nah you dont eat them they are just trophy fish

very nice fish!
rangerxec
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby leahn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:31 pm

Oh! Okay, thanks for that..:)

So if this can't be eaten, what do you do after you catch this one?? Do you keep it and put it somewhere else?
leahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

:-)

Postby askipper3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:54 pm

Tarpon are a mainly a sport fish, not like snook though. They have very large scales, and they are all muscle, and on top of that, they are way too cool too eat! lol But, when you are done fighting the fish, gently pull the tarpon up to the boat, etc, and insert a lip gaff, or wear gloves, and remove the hook, you must revive the tarpon as you would a snook, especially if the fish is as big as the one shown above. Me, personally, do not recommend taking the fish inside the boat, because the are very resiliant fish, and will cut your hand open with there serrated teeth, if they thrash too much. And just the removal of one of their scales, could result in a shorter health of the fish. In general, snap a quick photo, and enjoy the memory of such a exciting catch. The Tarpon is truly my favorite catch, and it is a thrilling experience to have one on the end of your line. Hope this helped! Tight Lines! :D
I am 15 and I have a 17 foot sea fox CC. I am a avid fisherman, and I cannot get enough of it!
But i still have much to learn, I'll take all the pointers I can get, but belive me, I can teach some of the most avid fisherman, a thing or too. :-) I specialize in grouper, snapper, snook, tarpon, spanish mackerel, kings, etc. Hit me up if u wanna go fishin!
askipper3
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Re: :-)

Postby leahn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:55 pm

askipper3 wrote:Tarpon are a mainly a sport fish, not like snook though. They have very large scales, and they are all muscle, and on top of that, they are way too cool too eat! lol But, when you are done fighting the fish, gently pull the tarpon up to the boat, etc, and insert a lip gaff, or wear gloves, and remove the hook, you must revive the tarpon as you would a snook, especially if the fish is as big as the one shown above. Me, personally, do not recommend taking the fish inside the boat, because the are very resiliant fish, and will cut your hand open with there serrated teeth, if they thrash too much. And just the removal of one of their scales, could result in a shorter health of the fish. In general, snap a quick photo, and enjoy the memory of such a exciting catch. The Tarpon is truly my favorite catch, and it is a thrilling experience to have one on the end of your line. Hope this helped! Tight Lines! :D

VEry well said... Now I really understand what tarpon fish could be..thanks again.. :)

Enjoy fishing.. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Love is not something you feel. It's something you do.
leahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby askipper3 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:42 pm

thank you. :)
I am 15 and I have a 17 foot sea fox CC. I am a avid fisherman, and I cannot get enough of it!
But i still have much to learn, I'll take all the pointers I can get, but belive me, I can teach some of the most avid fisherman, a thing or too. :-) I specialize in grouper, snapper, snook, tarpon, spanish mackerel, kings, etc. Hit me up if u wanna go fishin!
askipper3
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby leahn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:32 pm

askipper3 wrote:thank you. :)

Hi there, so your only 15 and yet you already enjoy fishing adventures.. have you ever fishing to any parts of the world. I mean internationally?/ Are you still in school, and thus fishing is only one of your hobbies???

:)
leahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby askipper3 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:28 pm

ummmm, well, ive only fished in florida, and i love to work on cars, my dad has a 1968 pontiac gto resto mod. i love to fish, and cant get enough of it. I really picked the sport up, when i got my first boat, a 1996 13' whaler. i do tarpon, snook, but mainly offshore grouper+snapper. ive got a new boat, a 2002 sea fox 17 now. but ya, it keeps me otta trouble, and i would like to start entering some tournaments when I turn 16, and one day , really take off.lol. howa bout, u based in florida or no?
askipper3
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby leahn » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:37 pm

askipper3 wrote:ummmm, well, ive only fished in florida, and i love to work on cars, my dad has a 1968 pontiac gto resto mod. i love to fish, and cant get enough of it. I really picked the sport up, when i got my first boat, a 1996 13' whaler. i do tarpon, snook, but mainly offshore grouper+snapper. ive got a new boat, a 2002 sea fox 17 now. but ya, it keeps me otta trouble, and i would like to start entering some tournaments when I turn 16, and one day , really take off.lol. howa bout, u based in florida or no?

Wow, that is really good.. CArs and fishing at the same time...lolz...:) Wow, you mean you do have a boat of your own, that is great,

You are really a good boy, already looking forward for the future...lolz.. goodluck!

Nope.. I from massachusetts, and fishing is one my hobby, .. I usually go with my friends, and we do fishing during our sparetime... :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
leahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to Florida - East Coast