Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

How to Catch a Big Bass

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

How to Catch a Big Bass

Postby doAlilFishin » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:22 am

I thought you would like to see just how to catch a bass. There are so many anglers always asking. (haha)

1. Have a 4 yr old child.
2. Have 1 Scooby Doo fishing pole.
3. Have 1 Mickey Mouse bobber.
4. Have an old, really old rubber worm from a tackle box in the great-grand fathers basement....so old you can't even decide what color it is supposed to be.

Now this is the most important part.

5. Let the child do it all by their self...YES all by their self. Let the child cast and reel the line until their little heart is content. Whatever you do DO NOT assist them by casting for them, or helping them reel in.

This is how we let our 4 year old granddaughter Hayleigh, visiting us from Vancleave, Mississippi catch her first fish. Now of course she insisted on the "let me do it, I can do it All by myself" part. She caught this bass in the lake at our condo in Port Charlotte, FL. during her visit with us February 26, 2004. The excitement, was so loud that many of the condo owners came out of their units to see what all the rukus was about.

I suppose I should back up just a little. Hayleigh's grandfather, Edward has been fishing since he was a child and had taught fishing classes in Collier County and at Estero High School, in Lee County for many years. So, on this day after she caught her fish, she proudly hands her fishing pole to him and replys, " Now, PawPaw, it is your turn to catch one." Well, things being how they are and the way it always happens, of course, he never even got a bite. So, now when anyone would ask about the fish she caught, she would tell them and then be sure to say "and PawPaw didn't get ANYTHING", this is probably the only time Ed went fishing that he was actually glad he did not get even a bite.

Now that I have told you how to land a bass, I bid good fishing to you.

MawMaw

note: Hayleigh did not want to harm her fish, so it was released right after the photo was taken, we were sure glad we had our camera with us
Last edited by doAlilFishin on Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doAlilFishin

Postby snookered » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:40 pm

great story!!
snookered

Postby RudyGomez » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:08 pm

Nice fish Hayleigh :D I hope its the first of many.
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez
How about cuttin’ some bait?
How about cuttin’ some bait?

Return to Florida - Southwest