Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Raystown Lake Spring Thaw Walleye Bust

Fishing in and around the Great Lakes region including all tributaries and adjoining states.

Moderator: admin

Raystown Lake Spring Thaw Walleye Bust

Postby JackSprat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:48 pm

With temperatures in the high 40’s and rising water levels from the ice and snow melt, I anticipated my March 2nd trip to the Raystown Lake spillway for walleyes would produce some fish. I was wrong.

I fished jigs tipped with live minnow for several hours with no takers. During the time I was there, four other anglers arrived, fished and left fishless. No matter, it was good to be outdoors on this great pre-spring day.

One of Raystown Lake’s resident Bald Eagles did make an appearance soaring through the valley several times. Watching the Eagle’s effortless flight against the cloudless blue sky was a treat. When the Eagle came by, we stopped fishing to watch the show.

If you want to see what the Raystown Lake Spillway, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania looks like here are some pictures and video from Friday’s trip. Sorry the Eagle was too high for my small, digital camera.

Here is the video & picture URL -

http://www.storytrax.com/node/589
A 63-Year old who was down-sized into early retirement and is making the most of each day.
JackSprat
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Great Lakes Regoin