Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Sunday Trout Slam 6-29-08

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Sunday Trout Slam 6-29-08

Postby Capt Marty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Finally got a break from the wind today, as the last few days have been tough.Thursday I helped Capt Bill Lake with three guys. We picked at a few trout and a some reds...very windy.

Friday morning I helped Capt. Ricky Brondum, we managed to box 40 trout as we could never get on a consistent bite.

Doubled back Friday afternoon, helping Capt Bill Lake. First stop had the small pecker trout coming in the boat two at a time everycast. Boated about 60 fish only to keep 9. Made a couple more moves and ended up with only 15 fish. Special thanks to Capt Bill and Ricky for lining up the trips.

Today is what I had been looking for since I fell off the trout train Tuesday night!!!!Dr Ben Ber, Keith Evans, and Antonio Corostola got to enjoy a calm day of catching Dularge Yellow-Mouths today. Keith is from Illinois and his father-in-law Antonio is in town from Spain, neither has ever experienced such a productive bite before!!! Needless to say, they had a blast!!! Only saw one other boat around me today as it was very pleasant not being crowded. Every fish caught on tandem rigged avacado plastic baits. No need to waste money on that live bait stuff. The trout averaged 12-17 inchs with several 11 inch pecker trout. Called it a day at 11:00 with 92 trout as Antonio and Keith had to get to the airport. Thanks guys for a great day.
Capt Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Gulf Coast - Central