Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

Another Great Trout SLAM "Down Dularge" 8-4-09

Postby Capt Marty » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:46 pm

FLIESITDIES with a SOLID trout
IRONMAN with his first double
Full box for the guys
FLIESITDIES practicing catch and release

I had the great pleasure of fishing with Charles Riley (IRON MAN) and Ramsey Barfield (FLIESITDIES). I had to reschedule our trip a couple weeks ago, and sure glad I did. These two young men experienced the best fishing trip of their lives today!!! Lots of "FIRST" for these two today---First time witnessing a RED TIDE, First time hooking/catching Bull reds, First time catching trout Two at a time on tandem rigs, and First time ever limiting out on trout. WOW!!!! What a awesome day these young men had. Our first stop found the Bull Reds literally jumping out the water chasing mullet all around the boat (It was truly an awesome sight, wish I could of videoed it). After battling the BIG Bulls at first light we were off looking for trout. We had eleven trout at our first stop (slow bite as we had no tide movement). Our second stop found the trout a little more active and we put fifteen more on ice and missed double what we caught (real finicky bite). Our third stop is what we were looking for as it was "FISH ON" every-cast until #75 hit the YETI!!! Most of today's fish went from 1 lb - 3 lbs, with only a few small fish at our first stop. Every fish caught on plastic baits, NO need for that live bait stuff---SCUBAFEET!!! Slick calm seas, pretty green water, and hungry trout made for the perfect day. I'm sure these guys will remember this trip for a real long time!!! Thanks for a incredible day guys, glad I could put y'all on the fish.
IRONMAN battling a bull red
IRONMAN's first Bull red

I want to thank everyone that donated money to put this trip together for these two guys. I can tell you first hand that they had a incredible day.
Capt Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Gulf Coast - Central