Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

HOG WILD "DOWN DULARGE" 8-7-09

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

HOG WILD "DOWN DULARGE" 8-7-09

Postby Capt Marty » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 am

Today's trip was specifically about the kids and BIG trout, numbers did not matter (although we still stuffed the box to where it almost did not close!!!). Robert Duffy wanted to put his two son's (11yr old Quinn and 12yr old Ben) on some BIG trout and that is what we did!!! We loaded up with croakers and headed South in the slick calm Gulf. Our first stop only found one trout, one red and a bunch of trash fish (Blue fish, Lady Fish, Spanish Mackerel). It did not take long after we pulled up to our second location for the boys to start filling up the box. The boys were slamming the 20-23 3/4 trout every-cast on the live stuff. While Robert and I were sneaking in a few on various artificial baits between baiting and netting fish. Only three fish measured under 20 inches today as we caught QUALITY AND QUANTITY. The boys wore themselves out slamming the big girls and had the best trout trip of their lives today. What a incredible sight to see a 30-35 pound Bull-red try and eat a 3 pound trout right next to the boat!!! We witnessed this on numerous occasions today (totally awesome!!). Five reds were boated and all released to fight again. Always a pleasure to fish with Robert and his crew, Thanks again Robert for a incredible day slamming the Big girls.

If your looking for Quality or Quantity give me a call. I have availabilities this weekend.
Capt Marty LaCoste
985-856-4477
www.absolutefishingcharters.com
Capt Marty
Old Salt
Old Salt

Return to Gulf Coast - Central