Terms of Use
 Web Development

SPECKLED TROUT ACTION IN LAFITTE, LA

Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama

Moderator: admin

SPECKLED TROUT ACTION IN LAFITTE, LA

Postby Capt. Scott » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Monday Aug. 3rd

Today was one of those days a fishing guide loves to see, calm winds and clear skies, and a very nice couple from AR. area Kleeman and Mary Olera. We left Lafitte Harbor Marina at 6:00am and headed south to Barataria Bay, looking to put a few Speckled Trout in the fish box. I had a very good feeling about this day. This is the first time the Olera’s fish with me, and I wanted them to have a great day and catch a bunch of fish. When we arrived at our first spot near Coupe` Belle Pass, the water was nice and the wind was calm, with a good incoming tide, all the ingredients for a TROUT FEST! And thats what it was. We caught atleast 100 to 120 Speckled Trout to keep our limit of 75 good keepers. There was not a shortage of trout here, we just had to weed through the undersize fish to keep our 75 limit. Everytime we would start catching really nice keepers, the porpuises would come in and scare them away, leaving us with the undersize fish for a while. If we moved a few hundred yards, we would start catching good keepers again. All in all we had a great time. We caught our limit before 10:30am and decided to go try our luck on Redfish.
So I made a 20 minute run over to Little Lake area, where we have been catching Redfish for the last few weeks. I think it is no secret there are a few reds hanging out in this area. And we gave it a try. We caught 5 Redfish and 1 Black Drum under a cork with Gulp shrimp, untill the heat started to get to us and we decided to bring it in a little early.
We ended the day with 75 Speckled Trout, 5 Redfish and 1 Black Drum. A great day of fishing if I may say so, and as always, this was New Orleans Fishing At Its Best!

I want to thank Kleeman and Mary Olera for booking their trip with myself Capt. Scott Poche` and Crescent City Fishing Charters Inc. It was a pleasure fishing with you, and I look forward to fishing with you in the future.

If you would like to book a trip for some Redfish and Speckled Trout action, you can contact Capt. Scott Poche` at (504) 915-0392, [email protected] or to keep posted on the fishing action in the Lafitte area with our daily fishing reports, you can visit us on our website at http://www.lafittefishing.com and remember you are only a phone call away from “FISHING WITH THE BEST TEAM IN LAFITTE”.

Good Luck and Good Fishing!

Capt. Scott Poche`

Capt. Scott
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Central