Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Unbelieveable!

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Unbelieveable!

Postby Peerfisher » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:53 pm

Last night..friday I slept at the Deerfield pier...There was about 10 of us...And in the morning today we set up the tarp so half hangs over the rail blocking wind and the other half is like a small roof....Well at about 4 p.m., we saw a storm moving in swiftly from the south...We set the tarp up immediately...For the first ten minutes it was blinding and very very hard rain..There was 9 people under the tarp when snook sniper says..Its starting to hail..We all got out watched for a minute then it picked up and started blowing larger LARGE amounts of hail ,brusing some of us at our tarp in what I'm guessing to be over 60mph winds.. Then the wind speed picked up...May I remind you we are under half a tarp at the end of a pier...When visibility turned to zero And a gust came ..EVERYONE was pulling the tarp to keep it covering us from the hail...Im guessing now the winds had reached 80mph easily..After 5 minutes of that all of a sudden it calmed..I walked outside of the tarp with others and saw a circle around the pier with zero visibility past it.. WE WERE IN THE EYE OF A WATER SPOUT... When we realized this we all rushed in under the tarp and then it began..The last part of the spout...Pounding harder than ever before..We all tried to hold on ..A lot of people had one arm on the railing and one on the tarp because of a fear of gettin blown away...AS this final stage of the water spout was right above us i looked through the cracks at the pier and I saw the water spinning it circles just like a tornadoe..ONE IDIOT holding the left side of the tarp let go with his freind and ran....In the middle of the spout and hail storm for the shore..Soon after most others followed...I thought I was gonna die when that last part of the storm came about after about 35minutes... But it was the ULTIMATE thrill of a life time..It was a lot of fun except for the last 5 minutes and the run back to shore...The beach was trashed ,chairs everywhere, trash everywhere..The pier was trashed..The tarp split in two and all the bungees broke off after they released it...Im just glad to make it out of that safely
:?
"If ya cant hold the rod GET OFF THE *beep* RAIL!"
The permit WILL SUFFER!!!

I see the world and it all looks blue
I kiss the world and it all tastes true
The blurry eyes make me appealing
In a normal fashion another 2 or 3
you will become very friendly
your liquidation is a siren song
you swim I follow Im feeling my head sink
so as to reach and touch what hurts me
still I try to reach and touch what hurts me

Keep strong

<3 sam
Peerfisher
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby topangler » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:40 pm

Only one word... WOW :shock:
"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
--- General George S. Patton
topangler
Old Salt
Old Salt

Postby Peerfisher » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:15 pm

Almost happened again this week...But this time the tarp was set up facing the wind..It got BAD
"If ya cant hold the rod GET OFF THE *beep* RAIL!"
The permit WILL SUFFER!!!

I see the world and it all looks blue
I kiss the world and it all tastes true
The blurry eyes make me appealing
In a normal fashion another 2 or 3
you will become very friendly
your liquidation is a siren song
you swim I follow Im feeling my head sink
so as to reach and touch what hurts me
still I try to reach and touch what hurts me

Keep strong