Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Galveston Fishing Report 4-08-10

Texas - Port Arthur to Brownsville

Moderator: admin

Galveston Fishing Report 4-08-10

Postby Capt. Alan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:53 pm

:) To everyone that has read my reports in the past, you know my favorite line is "With good weather conditions brings good fishing." Well we have had our consistent WINDY March and April! I usually complain about the wind in my reports every Spring, but I have gotten so use to it that there is no need. LOL! My brother Capt. Steven and I have started running our Spring Break and Family Fun Trips during these months to avoid having to cancel so many trout trips. It has been good for our customers and for us. These trips can be really fun for the kids or for anglers that want to catch bigger fish. We will start running some trout only trips in the next few weeks, so check back for those reports. Overall fishing the Jetties has been really productive for us over the past two weeks. (excluding the windy days) We are still catching redfish, sheep head, puppy drum and oversized drum on these trips. We are using live crab for bait for the drum, but they are hard to come by because of the high demand right now. You can also use white squid or live crawfish to catch these oversized drum. As for trout fishing I have been hearing that the trout are starting to show up more and more as the water continually warms. The trout should start to school up soon and that will produce better and more consistent numbers. From what I have heard, the bays are also full of healthy redfish. I have been catching a lot of 17-19 inch redfish on my trips with a few keepers mixed in. The lower Galveston Bay System including West Bay is holding a lot of these same redfish. (just undersized) When the wind starts to subside in the next few weeks, (hopefully) I look for the trout reports to be better. We will be fishing some different areas this next week and fishing for speckled trout, so check back in two weeks! For Houston and the surrounding area residents, I am going to start giving some fishing seminars at Bass Pro Shops Pearland location and possible some Academy locations on Saturdays in the next month and through Summer. I will be there to answer any questions you have about saltwater fishing and I will also be giving away some CastAway Products. I will give you some dates and more information on my next report. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
http://www.galveston-fishing.com
http://www.galvestonbayfishingteam.com
Attachments
IMG_3839[1][1].JPG
IMG_3839[1][1].JPG (108.71 KiB) Viewed 10832 times
Capt. Alan
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Gulf Coast - Western